Trent University Library & Archives continues to offer electronic collections and virtual services. As part of the University’s limited and reduced campus presence, Bata Library and the Durham GTA Campus Library & Learning Centre are closed and physical collections are unavailable. Virtual services and support are available by contacting library@trentu.ca. Check for updates regularly on our COVID-19 Alert Page.

Curbside Pickup for Faculty & Graduate Students is available starting June 23rd.

Finding Aid:

Search the Archives

Fonds Level Description

Accession Number: 95-1007

Title

Edward C. Caddy fonds. Additions. -- [18-]. -- 1 drawing : pen and ink ; 23.5 X 33 cm. -- 1 photograph : b&w ; 20 X 25.5 cm.

Biography / History

Edward C. Caddy (1815-1897) was a land surveyor who learned his trade in Peterborough between 1839 and 1842. He was also a painter in the Trent Valley District. His landscapes were primarily in water colour.

Custodial History

This fonds was in the custody of Helen and Gordon Roper before it was donated to the Trent University Archives. Helen is the granddaughter of Edward C. Caddy, creator of the fonds.

Scope and Content

This addition to the fonds consists of a pen and ink drawing of Conger House and hill, north of George Street in Smith Township, by Edward C. Caddy. The cardboard backing from the original frame has information regarding the sketch and donor.

Notes

Title based on the creator of the drawing.

The sketch is encapsulated in mylar due to its fragile condition.

Donated by Helen and Gordon Roper of Peterborough, Ontario.

Restrictions: N

This fonds, along with 95-1006 and 95-1008, is an addition to 69-1002.

For related records see: 95-1009.

Located in Large Materials Cabinet - Drawer 33.