Trent University Library & Archives continues to offer electronic collections and virtual services. As part of the University’s limited and reduced campus presence, Bata Library and the Durham GTA Campus Library & Learning Centre are closed and physical collections are unavailable. Virtual services and support are available by contacting library@trentu.ca. Check for updates regularly on our COVID-19 Alert Page.

Curbside Pickup for Faculty & Graduate Students is available starting June 23rd.

Finding Aid:

Search the Archives

Fonds Level Description

Accession Number: 04-017

Title

Peterborough Light and Power Company fonds. -- [photocopied 1993]. -- 1 folder.

Biography / History

The Peterborough Light and Power Company was a private electrical utility company that operated between 1884 and 1913 in the city of Peterborough. By 1913, it had a total of 2320 hydro poles in operation, and provided electricity for residences, streetlights, industries, and the street railway. It was expropriated by the city of Peterborough in 1913.

Custodial History

Fonds was in the custody of Professor Elwood Jones before it was donated to Trent University Archives.

Scope and Content

Fonds consists of photocopies of the hydro pole register of the Peterborough Light and Power Company. The register includes maps and statistical information and the originals are dated 1892-1921.

Notes

Title based on the creator of the fonds.
This fonds was acquired from Professor Elwood Jones.
Originals located at the Peterborough Utilities Services, formerly Peterborough Utilities Commission.
Restrictions: N
For related records see: Published and Unpublished Research Papers, History 475 project - #136.
Fonds is located in the Large Materials Cabinet - Drawer 47.