Trent University Library & Archives continues to offer electronic collections and virtual services. As part of the University’s limited and reduced campus presence, Bata Library and the Durham GTA Campus Library & Learning Centre are closed and physical collections are unavailable. Virtual services and support are available by contacting library@trentu.ca. Check for updates regularly on our COVID-19 Alert Page.

Curbside Pickup for Faculty & Graduate Students is available starting June 23rd.

Finding Aid:

Search the Archives

Fonds Level Description

Accession Number: 01-1007

Title

Edward C. Caddy fonds. Additions. -- [ca. 184-?], 1995. -- 7 paintings. -- 3 maps.

Biography / History

Edward C. Caddy (1815-1897) was a land surveyor who learned his trade in Peterborough between 1839 and 1842. He was also a painter in the Trent Valley District. His landscapes were primarily in water colour.

Custodial History

This fonds was in the custody of Professor Gordon Roper before it was donated to Trent University Archives in February 2001.

Scope and Content

Fonds consists of 7 watercolours done by Edward C. Caddy. Likely locale of some of the paintings was supplied by Professor Gordon Roper; these locations include Scotland (2), Gull Lake, Stoney Lake, Lake Superior. Two have no indication of location. Also included is a two section map showing Herriots Mill near Kitchiwannoe Lake, and a map (mockup) of Peterborough, Ontario entitled "Location of Built Heritage (demolished and standing) in relation to the MNR building site", 1995.

Notes

Title based on the creator of the fonds.

This fonds was donated by Professor Gordon Roper.

Restrictions: N

Finding aids: Y

This fonds, along with 95-1006, 95-1007, and 95-1008, is an addition to 69-1002.

For related records see: 95-1009

Fonds located in Large Materials Cabinet - Drawer 39.